Why does every human life matter?
This is one of the most important questions you’ll ever ask.
Take the plunge and write a speech about a life-and-death issue from a prolife perspective. You may be surprised at what you find.
If you’re a middle schooler or high schooler in Howard County, you are more than welcome to enter our 2017 Prolife Speech Contest!
The deadline for submissions is 11:59PM Friday, March 31st, 2017.
Students in grades 7 and 8 should write a 300 to 500 word pro-life essay on the topic:
How would you give a pro-life response to your peers (classmates) who think abortion should continue to be legal and accessible to everyone who wants one?
Students in grades 10 and 11 should write a 300 to 700 word pro-life essay on the above topic or:
Abortion, euthanasia, stem cell research, or assisted suicide.
Students in grades 11 and 12 should write a 600 to 1000 word pro-life essay (necessary to meet the time requirement for the state oratory contest) on any of the above topics.
Deadline for entries is March 31, 2017.
Want to help promote this event?
Here’s three ways you can do just that:
- Talk about it!
- Share this post on social media
- Display and give away printouts of this information
Tell your friends at school, youth group, or Sunday School! We’d love for everyone in Howard County to know about this opportunity!
- All students in grades 7–12 who live or attend school in Howard County are
eligible to compete
- Students will compete in a group based on their grade
- Group A: Grades 7–8
- Group B: Grades 9–10
- Group C: Grades 11-12
- Students will submit a 250-300 word essay to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59PM Friday, March 31st, 2017
- The email with the essay will list the student’s grade, school, and phone number
- After the essays are screened, students with winning essays will be invited to present their essays as a speech
- The winning speakers will be given cash prizes, as shown below:
- Grades 7–8: $100 (1st place), $50 (2nd place), $25 (3rd place)
- Grades 9–10: $100 (1st place), $50 (2nd place), $25 (3rd place)
- Grades 11–12: $100 (1st place), $50 (2nd place), $25 (3rd place)
- The top two winners in 11–12th grade will advance to the statewide speech
contest sponsored by Indiana Right to Life
If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com!