Why does every human life matter?
This is one of the most important questions you’ll ever ask.
Take the plunge and write a speech about a life-and-death issue from a prolife perspective. Write about abortion. Look into euthanasia. Or take on human embryonic stem cell research. You may be surprised at what you find.
If you’re a middle schooler or high schooler in Howard County, you are more than welcome to enter our 2016 Prolife Speech Contest!
The deadline for submissions is 11:59PM Friday, March 18th, 2016.
Want to help promote this event?
Here’s three ways you can do just that:
- Talk about it!
- Share this post on social media
- Display and give away posters & cards posters & cards as well as guidelines
Tell your friends at school, youth group, or Sunday School! We’d love for everyone in Howard County to know about this opportunity!
- All students in grades 7–12 who live or attend school in Howard County are
eligible to compete
- Students will compete in a group based on their grade
- Group A: Grades 7–8
- Group B: Grades 9–10
- Group C: Grades 11-12
- Students will submit a 250-300 word essay to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59PM Friday, March 18th, 2016
- The email with the essay will list the student’s grade, school, and phone number
- The essay is to present a prolife perspective on a life-and-death topic such as abortion, euthanasia, or human embryonic stem cell research
- After the essays are screened, students with winning essays will be invited to present their essays as a speech
- The winning speakers will be given cash prizes, as shown below:
- Grades 7–8: $100 (1st place), $50 (2nd place), $25 (3rd place)
- Grades 9–10: $100 (1st place), $50 (2nd place), $25 (3rd place)
- Grades 11–12: $100 (1st place), $50 (2nd place), $25 (3rd place)
- The top two winners in 11–12th grade will advance to the statewide speech
contest sponsored by Indiana Right to Life
If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com!